Frequently asked questions
1. What is NPC X?
This is the 10th iteration of the National Patrol Camp, an event for Scouts all over Singapore to showcase the highest level of traditional scouting skills and to compete in various aspects of Scouting. NPC promotes scouting spirit and fosters friendship among participants, staff and friends of NPC.
2. How is it different from the past NPCs?
With the revised Youth Programme, NPC X will see the following key revisions to the camp programme.
● Collaborative competition: Besides the usual patrol-based assessment, sub-camps and cluster of patrols will work together on projects and challenges for group assessment.
● Non-technical components: While the focus of the camp is still on Scoutcraft, the assessment rubrics have been broadened to take into account non-technical aspects such as progression, team dynamics and 21CC Scouting.
● Resource support: The camp committee and Areas will work together to provide training resources to support units participating in the Camp so that every unit will have the same opportunity to do their best. This would also mean that points will be given for active involvement in the pre-camp phase.
More information about the program can be found in the Programme tab of the website.
3. Who can participate?
All registered Scout Troops in Singapore can sign up a patrol of 8 Scouts for NPC X, limited to 50 participating patrols.
While we hope to have more Scout Troops to send forth members to participate in NPC X, units who are interested to send a Second patrol can write in to NPC X Camp Council at [email protected], acceptance will be at Camp Council’s discretion.
4. When is it held?
NPC X will be run in 2 phases:
● Pre-camp (24 March 2018 to 23 September 2018)
● Residential @ Sarumbun Scout Camp (15 November 2018 to 19 November 2018)
5. How to sign up?
Please refer to the circulars as attached here. Scout Unit Leader to register ONE Scout Representative, via MSDS’s Youth Programme Registration portal: http://intranet.scout.org.sg before Tue 20 March 2018. Accepted registration will be notified.
6. What is the cost involved?
The camp is is set at S$900.00/Patrol (Fee indicated is subjected to GST). A broad breakdown of the fees is as follows:
● Camp Facilities and daily usage fees
● Residential 5 days meals (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
● Event badge, T-Shirt and other collateral if any
7. I wish to participate as a volunteer, how can i join?
We welcome interested and committed volunteers to be part of the NPC service team. Camp staff fee is S$45.00/pax (Fee indicated is subjected to GST). For application to serve as a Camp staff, please visit our recruitment link at